Thursday, March 26, 2015

Student in the Spotlight: Monique Tokar

  This week's Student in the Spotlight is...
      Monique Tokar!

  
Monique Tokar is a senior at EMU majoring in Theatre Arts and minoring in Comprehensive Communications, Media, Theatre Arts! Monique has worked on props crew for last year's productions of The Shape of Things and To Kill A Mockingbird. She was also props crew-head for Sylvia. Monique was in the cast for last semester's touring Theatre for the Young show The Velveteen Rabbit and she directed A Play for Claryn in this year's Student Written Student Directed One-Act Festival. When asked what his favorite show to work on was she said, "To Kill A Mockingbird was my favorite. I just really liked our props team. We were a lot of fun. We had such a hard time with everything that happened with that show, but seeing it all come out so good in the end was great!"
   Monique's dream show to work on is Funny Girl, "It's my favorite movie. I grew up watching it with my mom and it was her favorite too. It's something special between my mom and I. Also, I love comedy and that's what I want to go into." she said.
   Her favorite memory of EMU Theatre is, "Seeing my show (A Play for Claryn) go up and just being so proud of my cast. We had a rocky start, but I remember watching it at the end and being so proud."
    After graduation, "Next year I hope to move to Chicago and take classes at Second City. I want to do something with theatre and comedy. I'm hoping to get an MFA too, but let's just see how I balance it all first. That's a lot!" she said with a laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment